Friday, August 31, 2012

Feature and Follow



Here's my second blog hop. 


Q: Best Cover? What is the best cover of a book that you’ve read and didn’t like?



I know a lot of people really fell for this cover.  It's got great style, a unifying color theme, and a girl in a pretty dress.  (Ok, actually, why was I attracted to this cover anyway?) 

Not to offend anyone who enjoyed the book, because I know there are plenty of you, it just wasn't my cup of cappuccino.  I felt like there was not enough happening in this book.  Too many chapters went by where I felt like nothing was progressing.  I also didn't feel like the main character was very well developed.  And it was a blatant rip off of Twilight.  Ok, other than that, it wasn't too bad.  But not as good as its cover suggested.



9 comments:

  1. I'm a little over the pretty dress theme myself. I do love all the pretty swirls on the cover though.

    <a href='http://www.galavantinggirl.com/2012/08/follow-friday-good-cover-bad-book.html">My follow friday! Please visit!</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is really pretty. I'm still a sucker for the girl in a dress theme (its like window shopping but with book covers) but I haven't read the story so I don't know how it compares. I'll take your word though that it doesn't live up to its prettiness!

    My FF
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, yes, please do explain why you liked that cover to begin with...
    I am now following you via RSS. Please come check out my FF post for this week.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower!

    That is a nice one. I haven't read it though.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/follow-friday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shawn: You totally crack me up. Admit it, you like a girl in a pretty dress :-)

    I hope you'll guest blog for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. new follower through GFC as lucyatmax...no pic. Please visit/ follow me at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com .
    I haven't read a best cover/disappointing story as yet, best for best would be Lauren DeStefano's Wither imho.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you via GFC and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete