Friday, July 13, 2012

Goodreads Review - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine #1)Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I went into this book expecting gimmicky pictures and some weird characters that might be difficult to relate to. What I got was a very fun read with characters you connected to very easily and lots of fun pictures that enhanced the story and didn’t distract from it. This book felt like a hybrid of X-men meets Little Orphan Annie, in a good way. The flow from ordinary to peculiar was very well handled and felt natural and believable to me. The pacing moved along in such a way that I was ready for several more chapters at the end, but the story did end in a satisfying way. The author has a wonderful way with words and describes the story’s environment in a way that gives those delicious details without boring you with minutia. I expect a sequel based on the ending, and I think there’s plenty of story left to be told about those peculiar children and the Bird.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. All right fine. I guess I'd better read this one too. I started Anna dressed in Blood and it's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Dressed in Blood is quite good, but I think Peregrine's is the better of the two. Both solid though.

    ReplyDelete